4. A Crazy Cycle


A Crazy Cycle
Bob Komives
::

In 1984 I had a chance to return with my family to Central America to teach land-use planning and work in watershed management. There, the importance hit me of bridging the gap between my land-use-planning work and my hobby of cogitating economics.

It made no sense to me.
The International Monetary Fund said
Central American governments should
reduce investment in
social
health
and environmental programs
(that were slowly raising quality of life for their citizens)
in order to borrow money
to pay for projects
that would produce exports,
in order to bring in outside money
to spawn development
to trickle down some resources,
in order to bring back
social
health
and environmental programs
to slowly raise the quality of life for their citizens.

A Crazy Cycle


:: Bob Komives, Fort Collins © 2006 :: Plum Local IV :: 4. A Crazy Cycle ::
With attribution these words may be freely shared, but permission
is required if quoted in an item for sale or rent

::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::


No comments: